All campers should have a diagnosis of an intellectual and/or physical disability that would otherwise render them unable to attend a traditional youth camp. Please contact us if you would like to discuss if your child qualifies. Some restrictions apply, campers should be free of physically aggressive behaviors. We are also not equipped to handle emotional disturbance disorders.
We have amazing and wonderful volunteer doctors and/or nurses on site. Routine medications are managed along with routine trach care, tube feedings, etc. If you know anyone interested and qualified to serve in this capacity, please tell them to apply online!
In order to best care for our campers here at CBTX we make every effort to gathers as much information as possible. We have a variety of medical forms to fill out at registration. We recognize it is tedious work to fill out the forms but they are crucial for our clinic team to provide the best care possible.
- Over the Counter Form
- Medication Permission Form
When our campers are in need of over-the-counter medication, we provide topical creams and medications, eye treatment and ear drops, and systemic treatment medications. See the list below.
Acetaminophen (Tylenol) 325mg tabs
Acetaminophen Liquid (Tylenol) 160mg/5ml
Ibuprofen (Advil) 200mg tabs
Ibuprofen Liquid (Advil) 100mg/5ml
Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) 25mg tabs
Diphenhydramine Liquid (Benadryl) 12.5mg/5ml
Loratadine 10mg (Claritin – non-drowsy)
Cetirizine (Zyrtec – non-drowsy) 10mg tabs
Guaifenesin Liquid 100mg/5ml (expectorant – loosens mucus/phlegm)
Cough Drops (generic – for coughing and sore throat)
Dextromethorphan (cough suppressant)15mg/5ml
Phenol 1.4% spray (Chloraseptic spray)
Calcium carbonate chewables (TUMS)
Polyethylene glycol (MiraLAX/ClearLax)
Triple antibiotic ointment (Neosporin)
Hydrocortisone cream 1% (anti-itch cream)
Calamine lotion (itch relief)
Clotrimazole 1% (antifungal cream)
Oral Pain Relief gel (Benzocaine 20%)
Aloe Vera gel (burn relief)
Sting Relief pads (lidocaine)
Melatonin Children’s Chewables 1mg, 3 mg
Please bring your medications in their original prescription bottles, AND/OR with the written physician's prescription.
Yes, we are able to cater to most special diet requirements. Contact us for more information!
We offer many classic summer camp activities, including swimming, horse riding, archery, arts & crafts, fishing, canoeing, rock-wall climbing, drama, tandem zip line, a giant swing, etc. All activities are adapted to ensure that every camper experiences success in any activity he/she wants to do.
Within each cabin there is a ratio of at least 1 volunteer to each camper. On the camp property the campers are usually outnumbered 2 to 1. Our goal is camper safety, fun and experiencing the encompassing love of God.
Yes, we do have a variety of scholarships. However funds are limited and are granted on first come first serve basis. These scholarships are provided through the generosity of our wonderful supporters. We will do everything in our power to not allow finances to prevent any camper from attending.
Scholarships are applied for through our registration process.
Scholarship deadline is April 1 each year.
YES! Camp Blessing is fully accredited by the American Camp Association (ACA).
New campers are accepted on a first-come-first-serve basis when their completed applications are received and accepted. Please submit applications online. Making an online reservation and including a deposit will hold your spot. We sell-out every year, so please register as soon as you can to ensure a spot for your camper.
1. Camp Blessing desires that each camper and Volunteer return home to face life with a new or renewed commitment in his/her relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Each camper/volunteer will be presented with an opportunity to make a new or renewed commitment to Christ.
2. Camp Blessing desires that each camper and Volunteer return home with the desire and ability to grow in his/her relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Each camper/volunteer will have an opportunity to pray.
• Each camper/volunteer will be involved in the direct study of God’s Word.
• Each camper/volunteer will experience God through authentic worship.
3. Camp Blessing desires that each Camper and Volunteer return home with memories of a wholesome, meaningful and joyful experience.
• Each Volunteer will be encouraged to be the hands and feet of Christ
• Each Camper and Volunteer will develop meaningful relationships with role models and peers.
• Each Camper and Volunteer will experience physical, emotional and spiritual safety within the context of his/her environment.
4. Camp Blessing desires that each camper experience new knowledge, habits and skills which will enhance his/her self-image.
• Each camper will learn something new.
• Each camper will have the opportunity to achieve and receive recognition for it.
• Each camper will understand that God loves them not based on his/her own merit, but because he/she is created in the image of God.
5. Camp Blessing desires that each camper and Volunteer return home knowing all human life is sacred, created in the image of God and are valued as they are created in HIS image.
• All campers, regardless of their abilities and appearance are included in the camp experience.
Please email us your refund request for any remaining amount beyond your non-refundable deposit fee. We will honor all requests postmarked and received prior to the May 1st full payment due-date. Any cancellation beyond this date, not due to Camp Blessing, will result in the loss of all fees. Unless a 3rd party payer is involved, any payment that is not paid in full by May 1, will result in the loss of your Camper's reservation.
Refunds cannot be given if a camper is sent home due to behavioral concerns, sickness, injury, or if he/she decides to leave before the end of the camp term.